Join our team
M’akola Housing Society is the largest Indigenous affordable housing provider in BC, having nearly 100 employees and about 1,600 units. Come join us in providing affordable housing for Indigenous and non-Indigenous youth, families and Elders.
M’akola employees are:
- Aware and sensitive of the housing needs of the Indigenous people.
- Possess the ability to organize and work efficiently with others and to handle stressful and difficult situations in a positive manner.
- Socially sensitive incumbents, who provides a safe, secure and respectful environment for staff, tenants, applicants and clients.
- Representing the M’akola Housing Society and embracing the vision to improve living conditions for Indigenous people while encouraging and reinforcing traditional practices and cultural beliefs.
- Always working in the best interest of the M’akola Housing Society, ensuring the society is represented in a professional, responsible, and respectful way at all times that does not compromise the ability of the Society.